A Time to Heal
A Time to Heal is a 12-week Holistic rehabilitation program designed to health women regain their physical, emotional, and spiritual health after breast cancer treatment.
Research and experience have shown that the individual components of A Time to Heal make a positive difference in the well being of breast cancer survivors.
Why is this Essential?
Participating in A Time to Heal may help you to not only survivor, but thrive after breast cancer treatment!
Questions About A Time to Heal
Who Can Participate?
Women who have competed surgery and chemotherapy and/or radiation for a first diagnosis of breast cancer are eligible. If you are considering reconstructive surgery, please enroll for A Time to Heal during a 12-week period when you won't be having any of your surgeries. Women with additional serious health issues may not be eligible.
What does the Program Involve?
- Groups meet for about three hours a week.
- Each week, the session begins with gentle stretching designed to promote arm mobility and healthy posture.
- Weekly instructions will include topics such as nutrition, regaining strength, coping, relationships, relaxation, spirituality, femininity, happiness, and intention.
- The group discusses the information together and women work individually by journaling.
- Participants learn and practice relation techniques.
- Each session ends with affirmations and intentions.
- Women who complete at least 10 of the 12 sessions will" graduate."
- Each participant is free to quit the group at any time.
How can I Participate?
- Regular participation is important to get the full benefit- you need to be able to commit to attending at least 10 of the 12 sessions of A Time to Heal.
- You will be asked to complete a short interview prior to enrolling to get more information and to let the facilitators get to know you.
- You'll be asked to fill our some questionnaires so the trainers can evaluate whether the program is meeting its goals.
What does it Cost?
A Time to Heal is FREE to participants - women who have gone through breast cancer treatment for the first time meet certain criteria.
How to Enroll in A Time to Heal